holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Saturday 6 April 2013

Evening Walk around Headcorn Countryside

Hi folks,

On Sunday evening the tired Teds of our group relaxed whilst I went off on my own to explore the surrounding area by the campsite on foot.


View of the Oast and Cottage further up the road, the vans were parked in a field to the right of the buildings.


Look closely and you can just see the vans, the patch on the right is water left behind by the rain and snow.


Over a stile and round a field I came across a dyke which I had to cross to get to Headcorn Village.


Around the other side I found the bridge but it was getting near tea time so I had to turn back.


Across a field I spied some fruit trees, must return in about a month to see the blossom.


Another Oast on the far side of the field which you could just see from the campsite.


Ah, at last a glimpse of sun, what a difference it makes.


Ploughed field near home and a cup of tea.


Finally you may remember the drab Daffodils from the morning a couple of blogs ago well this one recovered nicely.


Last night at the campsite, so tomorrow we set off around the area before going back home. I must admit that the couple who ran the site could not have been more helpful and accomodating, I will certainly go back again when the fruit trees blossom.

Thanks for dropping by.

Best regards, Mike

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Mike.......Like a daffodil this sprang to mind......
    I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud. That floats on high o'er vales and hills,. When all at once I saw a crowd,. A host, of golden daffodils !
    Have a good Sunday both .....
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah lovely Chris, in the end we stayed at home with lots to do and sort out. XXX

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, I must take up my photography again..

    ReplyDelete