holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Sunday 4 September 2016

Bristol Cathedral

Hi folks,
sorry for my absence as I had a few problems with the computer. So much so that it was beyond repair so at great expense here I am back with a new one which I hope will last a long time.
The  Cathedral pictures were  taken whilst at the Balloon Fiesta

.
Outside view showing the North Window in this the new Naive build in the 1860's


Close up of the window from the inside



Shots of the Vaulted roof.


Elder Lady Chapel c 1220.


High Alter c 1899.


The Chapter house.


The Union flag draped in Poppies on either side in the South Transept
.

Flower decoration within the Cathedral.


Choirs stalls with Misericords organ from 1296,


The Naive looking towards the high alter.


Lastly not a Poppy but is reminded me of one in the Garden outside the cafe where we had a nice drink in the sunshine. Thanks for looking, Mike

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers, don't you just love Panasonic cameras. Hope you are on the mend.

      Delete
  2. welcome back, lovely photos of the Cathedral. I think the red flower is an Ibiscus.
    Mrs Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and interesting facts as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you decided to invest in a new PC Your blogs are so interesting and my FAV posts are always about the Churches you vista... Great pictures here,as always and very interesting facts ... a good read ! thank you Mike E xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching up, I miss you on the blog and get a bit disheartened when I get zero comments. I know you are a very busy lass with loads of crafting going on so good on you. xxxx

      Delete