holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Sunday 2 February 2014

Meet Bob, the Chickens and the Birds

Hi folks,

what a lovely Sunday we had here in the south east. We decided to put the motor home back on the road and shot off to Leysdown to give the old girl a run as she had been laid up to a few months. All went fine and she behaved herself so she is nearly ready for the summer.
We parked up on the seafront and although it was cold the temperature reached 22c in the van and it as like a summers day provided you kept the windows closed.

Right, on to the star of the day, Bob a lovely black Labrador.


Up and down the beach at the speed of light he went with his tail always high up in the air and a ball in his mouth.


He loved the water and at every opportunity he was in.


Back and forth he went for ages retrieving his beloved ball.


He was so agile not even a groin stopped him. After about 30 minutes off he went for a rub down with his master.


Back in the van I could not believe what I saw next, these two getting ready for a swim, needless to say after ten minutes they chickened out. This was a covert shot out the window, I think he saw me.


Birds? I hear you say, these last two were taken from inside the van in the warm.


Now I am not too sure as it is winter and my book gives various descriptions but I think they are Turnstones but I expect I will be corrected if I am wrong.


Thanks for dropping by.

Best regards, Mike

2 comments:

  1. Leaving no stone unturned (tongue in cheek ), I'm sure someone will tell you if you
    are right or not !! Great Post Mike......Love their bravery...the would be swimmers !
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor blimey... those swimmers were brave even if they didn't go in the water.... lovely, lovely post Mike.
    So pleased you are dusting off Winnie and giving her a run around! Bob is adorable!
    More please.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete