holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Saturday 7 April 2012

Another glimpse of London

Hi folks,

to continue on my London theme as you may well now I am having treatment it Guys Hospital and I have to go to London Bridge quite a lot. On my last trip I didn't stay long but I got a few shots before my return to Kent.


This poster to give it a better name is at the front entrance of London bridge Station depicting a Pagent on the Thames and advertising an exhibition. I thought this was quite funny with the CCTV cameras poking through the canvas together with the Train timetable.


My latest shot of the Shard, you can see it's not going any higher as they are putting the final pieces to the top which is to depict broken glass. Whatever you think of this building I feel that it is as a great feat of building construction to be proud of.


Here is a close-up of the top showing the broken glass effect. I wonder how they are going to stop the rain getting in?


Here's another view of the external lift taking materials to the top.


Can't wait to go up it and look out from the spectacular viewing area at the top when it opens.

Thanks for looking.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

2 comments:

  1. fascinating building Mike, but think I'll keep my feet on terra firma.....Not a great lover of heights !! will look forward to your pics from up there though !! Thank you, to you and Sue for the lovely comments !!
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete