holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Thursday 23 May 2013

Durdle Door

Hi folks,

nearly at the end of our holiday and at the end of April, I am beginning to think this was the summer.

From the camp site at Corfe we decided to take Winnie to see the door on the Jurassic coast not far from where we were staying and see the natural limestone arch that goes into the sea.

I parked up and set off down the rugged path on my own as it was too much for Sue with her poorly back.


As I got further down the cliff path I was amazed at the colour of the sea just behind the door which is on the other side of the cliff.


A bit further on there she was, the door which I thought looked like a dragon drinking from the sea.


Looking across the white cliffs that stood out proudly facing the sea.


Finally looking the other way you can just see the cliff starting to fall into the sea and on the night before we arrived another 20 meters of cliff fell into the sea taking the footpath with it.


Back at the van we had lunch and went on to Lulworth Cove.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards, Mike.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike one of my favourite spots and you have portrayed it beautifully with your wonderful shots......Hey that rhymes...nearly !!!
    Thanks Mike, such a treat......
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This takes me back to the late 50's when the family spent loads of holidays in the area.

    Well done Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up.Spectacular views of the cliffs. loved the dragon drinking seawater.

    ReplyDelete