continuing on in the main museum there is a special sculpture of Alan Turing who lead the team that built and developed the machines.
The Lorenz Cipher Machines were used for messages passed between German Army Field Marshals and their Generals on the front lines and German High Command. In 1945 the American Army captured a communications vehicle with its' Lorenz machine in Italy.
Below is the Lorenz Schlusselzusatz SZ40 Cipher Attachment.
Another view of the "motor wheels"
The electro mechanical Bombe developed by Gordon Welchman.
Across the car park is the Colossus Gallery.
A presentation was given of the machine and the help of old GPO equipment it has been rebuilt and is now working.
Close up of the tape spools which held the information to be analyzed.
Rear view of the machine giving an idea of its size with many valves
A few valves in this machine which was originally designed by Tommy Flowers.
Sue was really taken by this wall hanging and the story surrounding it.
Thanks for looking for more information, click the LINK