holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Tuesday 24 July 2012

River Trip to Maidstone

Hi folks,

what a lovely day it's been for our planed trip on the River with the Walderslade Ladies Guild and only two blokes, Keith and myself.

The trip was going at 2.30 pm so we that is Sue, Adrianne, Daisy and myself left early and took a picnic and spent some time up by the locks before the boat arrived.


After  Daisy tucked in to some fresh Strawberries that Nanny had packed and they went down a treat alas without any cream but it was to hot anyway.



There was this rather nice plant by the Lock keepers house, I was told the name but the person who told me is now fast asleep, will check and add tomorrow.



Daisy on the way back to meet the rest of the gang had a go at posing, she seems to put her hips out and go to one side, still she is only four, give it another ten years and who knows.


Cottage from the top of the sluice gate next to the Malta Inn.


Back outside the pub they where doing food on a grill outside the side of the pub, the smoke drifted across us and hung in the Weeping Willow tree and looked good with the sun streaming through.


Playing around with the camera I opened the screen at an angle and so Daisy was not aware I was taking a picture. Good, I got you.


At last on cue the boat arrive for our trip to Maidstone turned around for us to board.

Thanks for looking, will continue the trip tomorrow.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

4 comments:

  1. A lovely trip out Mike.

    Some nice pictures of Daisy and a nice walk along the river bank in the sun, too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a lovely day for everyone. Daisy was fascinated by the seeds from the weeping willow trees, she thought it was snow.once again a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful post......Love little Daisy in the sunshine,
    Feels like we sailed along the river with you all !!
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a magic, magic post Mike... gorgeous day with such wonderful pictures ... Wish I woz there!!!!

    ReplyDelete