holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Saturday 23 June 2012

Jubilee Flower Festival 1

Hi folks,

today I went to St Margaret's Church Rainam Kent where they were holding a Flower Festival to commemorate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Well what can I say, the displays were fantastic, so much so that it will run into a few blogs.


First off as the sun was out, the Tower looked inviting even though it had 101 steps to the top, Do I or Dont I, well what the heck I am still up for it.


What a view, this is one for our dear friend Eileen although I made it quite small to show the tower and it's surrounding with Station Road in the foreground.



Looking East towards Newington with the top of the Church, boy it was high. Good place for a speed camera.


On the way down I stopped off at the bell although I could not get a very good shot of them due to the door.


Back on the ground I collected my certificate for climbing the tower and went to check out the displays, the cost was only £2 which I think was a bargain in this day and age.


Here are some of the displays, I will let you enjoy them whilst I get my breath back after climbing the tower.





As I took this one I thought of Daisy.



One of the many stain glass windows.

Well that's part one, will see how things go for part two.

Thanks for dropping by.

nite nite, luv Mike XX


8 comments:

  1. Did they stop you at the boarded Mike, You know that you need your passport to come into my parish...

    Great shots but the best is from the tower.

    You will be in as much trouble as me with you know who over that PS..
    Car show and it looks like a wet one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know about the flowers till Sue showed me the paper Friday evening.

      It was well worth it and I met our Hazel as well.

      I know my place and only put a "little P S up"

      That tower is only open once a year so a bonus.

      Good luck with the Car show, should stop raining at 10am, I hope.

      Delete
  2. Great views Mike.......and lovely flowers !
    You did'nt show us your certificate ?
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super blog Mike.. My friend Chris is a Bell-ringer at the Church and was there for a good part of the day ... She is on FB ... I will send her your link so she can have a look at your fabulous pictures !
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi... I came back for another look and I can see a *******ing ... Power Station !!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a figment of your imagination. XX

    ReplyDelete