holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Friday 22 June 2012

Quackers!

Hi again,

Well it's like this I had to work on Wednesday afternoon so after dropping Daisy off at Ashford we had to return home for me to do some work. Sue wanted some meat for tea so we stopped in Bearsted and Sue went in the Butchers whilst I whipped across the road to the pond to take a couple of shots of the birds.



Mrs Mallard was keeping a look out.


Whilst the Boss was not far away, now into a moult.


There must have been 8 duckings on the pond all over the place not keeping close to mum so must be about to fledge. 


They looked a bit scrawny but seemed happy enough.


I tried to get the under purple wing patch as he preened himself but his head was in the way. As the season progresses and he comes out of his mating season the head is not so shiny and the breast get a bit tatty.


Mum was still keeping an eye on me whilst the ducklings swam about. The Females seem to keep their sheen.


My what big feet you have little one.


Sue and I then returned home with the shopping and I went to work.

All in all quite a rewarding little stop for food.

Thanks for looking.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

4 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet Mike ... lovely close up shots you can see all the detail ... getting very knowledgeable too!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Mike ! As for 'tatty'.....I can relate to that LOL !!!!!
    Have a great week end both and thank you for visiting my blog..... It makes it all worthwhile !!!
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first and the six I think is the best.


    Sun shine today rain tomorrow..bah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you and Sue have a duck each.

    ReplyDelete