holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Wednesday 20 June 2012

St. Mary's Higham. cont

Hi folks,

I had a good response from yesterdays blog so I thought I would finish it off with a few more and a little bit of history.





This is a circa 1500 Parish Chest sitting on a Bier which is 20th century (used for transporting coffins).



This is the only parishioner listening to the poor man preaching, we loved her hat........



Look closely at the wildlife enjoying a meal on the hat.


The preacher looks quite happy even though he has straw head and hands!



In the field adjacent were various flowers.



including a few Poppies.


There was a vast expanse of wheat.

Hope you enjoyed a little bit about this lovely Church more information go to..... www.stmaryschurchhigham.com

Thanks for dropping by.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, I had a lot of trouble with the blog not being stable tonight and it crashed. I wanted to add more history but I had to abort,although the link will I hope copy and paste.

    www.stmaryschurchhigham.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Mike ... blogger is being really mean at the moment. I am launching a NEW blog (another crafty one) on the 1st ... hope it stops playing up! http://twinchie-twinchiehotmaillive.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love the figures in the church but I find them a little spooky! Just me I expect. Lovely post the countryside shot over the fields is lovely!

    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like my hair last night, I could not do a thing with it. Could not even save the text at one point.

      Yes Daisy was not keen at first till we showed her the ladies hat. XX

      Delete
  3. Will look out for your new blog Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, how do you do it ? Every post a real gem,
    Thank you.......And I loved the poppy !!!
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the churches for myself. I have been inspired by your blogg.

    ReplyDelete