holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Birds

Hi folks,

Well we packed up and left Treasure Island saying our goodbyes and headed north.

First off this Cormorant, sitting on a post in Clearwater.


Then my old favorite.


Blow me down he gave a great big yawn.


We toured about and landed in Maderia Beach so that we could explore St Pete's and the Sunken Garden.
This is my favorite, I could never get this close to an Egret at home


This Heron was a bit shy though.


Now this is a Cerlew I think, could be wrong.


Now I know what this is, a girl running along the beach.


Heron in the dark.


Right Stephen, over to you, he will know what these are!


Well that's a bit different from kites.

Thanks for looking,

nite, nite, Luv Mike xxx

5 comments:

  1. Nice calm post Mike .. love all the birdies!
    Where you off to next?
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South heading for Naples of the American variety then across Alligator Alley to Fort Lauderdale. Then up the east coast towards Jacksonville.
      Thanks for sticking with us, You, Margaret and Chris are Awesome as they say over hear. XXX
      ps Margaret now in Scotland for a while

      Delete
  2. Stunning photography Mike, each shot is spot on,
    I love the Egret and the 'yawn'.........The girl on the beach is so good,
    The sky, the colours and her almost 'silhouette like' body,running along the shoreline.....just perfect !!! O.K. so i'll stop swooning now over your
    pics.....have a great time till next post !!!!!
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Mike not an expert on American birds though if I'd seen your Curlew as a UK photo would probably said its a Greenshank & the little jobs at the end look like some form of Sandpiper. I'm sure there is someone out there who will correct me.
    Stphen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure but they look more like a Black tailed Godwit to me

    I am sure that the one on its own is not Curlew as the beak is too straight.

    Nice heron

    ReplyDelete